Monday 10 August 2015

Gastronomy : Bajigur



                I have no idea. I love to write something special from my country. Yeah that’s mean it identical thing from this country. I can’t say it come from my hometown because I am a little girl from small city near the capital city. Indonesia has so many islands and of course there are so many unique foods and beverages in each place.
            I am a proud person. I love to add my knowledge about food gastronomy, unique food that came from one place. Identical food we can try when we visit that place. That is why I made this new sub label on  my blog : Gastronomy.




a sachet of Bajigur hanjuang



            Now I’m going to talk about “bajigur”. I found it very salty and yummy beverage. Tell me why? Because bajigur is made from coconut milk, palm sugar, ginger, salt and vanilla. No wonder why it tasted so good for me. Because bajigur serve in warm condition, bajigur is really appropriate to consume at night when the rains stop. Am I right? Okay.
            This beverage is come from my hometown, West Java. Like I said before I am a proud person. So I am talking about this first, before other gastronomy food. We can find bajigur on the street. Old man use to offer it. But now, we can also find this kind of bajigur in other form! Just like milk powder, we only need to open the sachet, pour it to the cup, adding some water and stir it by spoon. Voila!
            Well, unique story behind this beverage created. The farmer in old time, they love to pour boiling water to sugar palm before they are going to the farm. And by the time, they are combining all ingredients that I mention before to their cup! Cool.
            As you find at the pictures, that is how instant bajigur looked like. It produced in Cimahi, near Badung city where I lived. Very local product but I’m totally in love with this.
            It named Bajigur Hanjuang, disclaimer “they don’t paid me to write this”. I try to always be honest with what I’m saying on my blog. I really recommend this product because A, the taste of bajigur is very original and B, I love the package of it. It cover by brown paper even they are still using plastic for every sachets. In this product there is 5 sachets and contain 25g for each. We can add 150 cc hot water for a cup of bajigur. They said that they are using natural ingredients which a huge plus.
Instant bajigur is by far my most favorite beverage that I consume while studying at night beside coffee.

Love you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment