Thursday 5 November 2015

Nasi Bancakan "Abah Barna"


Met local traditional food!
Yes, for this post and probably next post I’ll be posting stuff from my lecture. They asked us, separating one class member to be some group which consisting six people in it. We have to visit local restaurant that present traditional cuisine from their owned place. In this case, it should be Sundanese.
            It such an honor for me to do this kind of task because it basically what I love to do. post it in the internet as my diary and giving people (who probably look at my blog) an inspiration.
            In this first opportunity, we visited “Nasi Bancakan”. Even I’m pure a sundanese but I don’t really understand the meaning of that word as Sundanese language. But luckily we met the founder of Nasi Bancakan. He He explained what the meaning of Bancakan was. Bancakan means spending time with people you love or whoever might be in happy ways. It should be eating some foods together. I thought it’s seems like thanksgiving in western but Bancakan shouldn’t be in special time. We can do that every time we want depends on the situation.
            The founder of Nasi Bancakan named Abah Barna. He reminded me of my grandfather who lived far away in my hometown. He started his business on October 17th 2007. Beside this traditional restaurant, there was a more modern restaurant which still owned by his family. Basically they have family business which very cool.


            Speaking about the dishes their offered to us regular Sundanese food. Tofu, soybean, bakwan, sambal, es cendol and goyobod (I’ll be posting about goyobod if you want to! Just keep staying). Honestly there’s no something weird on their menu. But their concept is buffet. So we are freely to grab everything we want to eat! We can say their price is regular. Not really cheap and also not really expensive for their service.


           About decoration they have, it was really cool. Their concept is brought the old times to be here. I can feel the atmosphere by seeing their walls and table. I also can’t forget about the plate that they use to serve the dishes. It made by tin or can but not really thin can like we use to drink our soft drink. It just typical plate that Indonesian use before freedom. It also happens to their glasses to grab out hot tea.

            For the culture accent, they are also having Cepot right there. Typical old man who a legend in Indonesian story. Mini version of him was selling in the gallery before we enter Nasi Bancakan restaurant. We can buy it as souvenir when we going to go home. You will really feel Indonesian traditional touch when you come here!


No comments:

Post a Comment