Wednesday 9 September 2015

Sop Durian Mozzarela

Some people love it and the others hate it very much. Durian or duren. Whatever you called it but I know this one is tropical fruit. It smells really strong that’s probably why some people love it and either hated it. I’m in between actually. I don’t love it very much but I also don’t hate it. I can eat everything I guess.
            Last weekend, I went home for visiting my family in town. My hometown located in Sukabumi. Five hours away by bus from Bandung. Every time I pass a road near the city center, I always see this new café. It looked so interesting for me because they show so much durian in front of their place.
            Sop Durian Mozzarela café is only there in Sukabumi. They started in 2014 and now they have 2 café in town.
            I decided to visit this little café with my friend, Owl (not real name). Well we went there and order three menus that can represent all the menus in this café. They offered everything that contained durian.


Pancake Durian (IDR 12K/pcs)  
Pancake Duria with cheese on top




Basically it’s a durian covered by butter cream and flour outside. I don’t understand why it called pancake because it’s not look like pancake in general. I expect some pancake with durian topping or durian syrup. But it’s not.
Taste quite good, a bit cool probably because they put it on chiller or fridge or something. My personal opinion for the dish is not very good. It’s not that fresh. The durian taste a bit bitter in the end.
The display of it is pretty good. I love the color of the food. But I have to say no with their plate. It semi plastic and the color not very match with the food.
(Rate : 2/5 for whole dish)


Durian Goreng (IDR 10K/pcs)


I love this one. It basically like fruit roll but they put only durian and fry it. But I don’t know what is wrong but I found the bitter taste for little in the end of my bite. The durian is also not fresh. I only eat the outer part of the dish. The smell of durian in this menu made me feel a bit dizzy. Some cheese on really help how it looked like.
(Rate : 3/5 for whole dish)



Sop Durian Mozzarela (IDR 12K/pcs)


Well here is the main menu in this place. The name can explain. Anyway, Owl ordered it. Cause I can’t eat all of the durian things after this. LOL.
It basically some fruit and of course durian, some milk cream and some ice cube. Sop means soup. Very refreshing and I finally decided that this menu is the best dish in this place. I recommend to try it.
(Rate : 4/5 for whole dish)



Bunch of Durian as display

That’s pretty much it. I’m doing little interview with the owner of this place kind of cafe. I’m so curious about the name of this place because I don’t see any mozzarella cheese from their menus. They said that is only their marketing strategy. But they still use cheese on top of their menus.
Beside three dishes that I mention, there are other menus like durian juice, durian ice cream and durian coffee.
Well, durian lovers. Are you ready to visit my hometown?!


SOP DURIAN MOZZARELA
Jalur & Ciaul Sukabumi, Indonesia.
0857-1052-7172
Opening Hours : 10 AM – 10 PM
Dresscode : Casual
WiFi : No
Toilet : Yes
Parking area : only for motorcycle in front of the café.

No comments:

Post a Comment