Sunday 28 July 2013

My Ramadan Essential

Ramadan Kareem! :)
Last night I just uploaded my newest video on youtube and it called My Ramadan 'Must Have'. So here, I just want to explain more clearly about all the things I mentioned on that video.

1. Lip Balm

While fasting, we do not drink at all for more than 12 hours. In my case, Fajr to Maghrib took 13 hours. But I heard  in some other places it may be longer. Of course it can make us dehydration. Make our lips dry and horrible. Sometimes be exfoliate!
So I really need lip balm to my lips. And I chose the baby lips by Maybelline and Silky Girl Magic Lip Balm.


 
I especially liked the baby lips because it has own smell, I chose orange because this smell is very refreshing and moisturizing my lips. And for my second choice, I chose silky girl because just like its name. So magic. I rub it on my lips and the results were amazing. My lips are so shiny and mint flavors are there. 



2. Energy Water

Helooooo... I'm not drink during the fasting. Obviously, I need this thing before and after fasting. At the sahoor and break fasting in Maghrib time. Like that name, I need it to extra energy during fasting. I'm not kind of person who need this everytime. But this things really helped me to not get thirsty.



You can find any brand you like. I'm sure the brand of energy water so much in every country. Pocari sweat also available in Indonesia and sometime I drink it. But my favorite is Larutan Cap Kaki Tiga. I dont know why the name of this product sounds so weird in my ears. Because it said has 3 feet. OMG.
But I love it. It feels so natural and had a different flavor. Like a strawberry in the picture, lychee, guava, etc. 

3. Kurma/Dates

This fruit doesn't come from Indonesia. I know for sure because it is imported fruit. Lol
But I'm very easy to get it in the shops during Ramadan. I dont know. This may be something of a tradition




I said in my video that the Indonesian call it tajil. But after I got a few stories from my arabic teacher, Indonesian actually a bit wrong to say Dates are tajil. Because tajil in the true sense is an appetizer or the food be eaten before we eat heavy foods such as rice, wheat and something like that.
I eat it like I drink larutan cap kaki tiga in sahoor and maghrib.


4. Cookies

My mom and I used to make cookies during Ramadan to eat on the day of Eid. But I love to eat them as snack. 



Maybe this is a bad habit. I hope you dont follow it because if you try it, you will be addicted like me. Just a advice.

5. Mood Booster

Sometimes when we are fasting, feeling sad, upset, angry, or something bad case of it came suddenly. It is something natural because if you are fasting, feelings become more sensitive. As long as we fast, we should be able to restrain ourself from everything that invalidate the fast. We need mood booster!
I know its kinda weird, but my mood booster is B&B kids spray cologne.


I love spray in all directions. Sometimes on my body, my shirt, my nose. Weird.
It was so relaxing. It smells so good. This has a variety of flavors as well, but for now I love the smell of strawberry.



6. Socks

This probably has nothing to do at all. But I desperately need socks before going to bed because when I wake to sahoor, my feet would be tremble if I do not wear it.




So that's it.
I hope this explanation is helpful. Don't forget to watch the video. Like, comment, request, share and subscribe!!!
Thank you, xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment